All too often valuable intellectual property rights are not properly considered when making decisions in an increasingly knowledge-driven business environment. If you do not take steps to secure, protect, commercialise and enforce your intellectual property rights, you run the risk of losing your competitive advantage and, worse still, seeing others take advantage of your efforts.
The Corporate and Commercial Team at Jolliffes will not only assist in the identification and, where appropriate, registration of your intellectual property rights but, will also help you ensure that your intellectual property rights contribute to your balance sheet.
Who we help:
- All forms of businesses, whether sole traders, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, private companies or PLCs including high-tech, IT-enabled and knowledge-based businesses
- All sizes of businesses which might have IP requirements from small local businesses to national operators with multi-million pound turnovers
- A diverse range of businesses across a range of sectors including clients operating in creative and artistic industries such as advertising, architecture, art, computer and video games, design, film, music, publishing, software, television and radio
- Parties involved in intellectual property disputes including trade mark, design or patent infringement, domain name disputes and other infringement proceedings
Jolliffes has helped many clients identify, protect, exploit and enforce their intellectual property rights. We also actively manage intellectual property portfolios for many of our clients ensuring that any renewal dates are not missed and all registrations are kept up to date.
For businesses where inventions, new technology, software and products are paramount, protecting intellectual property is essential to add value to your business. We recognise that deterring infringement of your rights is often the best way to realise the value of your intellectual property.
We can :
- Advise you on the identification, registration, protection, exploitation and enforcement of your intellectual property rights with a view to unlocking their value and realising your business goals
- Provide you with practical, commercial and cost-effective advice on the full spectrum of intellectual property issues including contractual arrangements with licensors, licensees, suppliers, customers and employees, confidential information and trade secrets
- Provide you with up-front fixed cost quotes for filing applications for registration of trade marks and registered designs
- Assist with all of the following:
- Registration of intellectual property, protection of trade names and service marks and portfolio management
- Designs rights – both registered and unregistered
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
- Sale/purchase of intellectual property
- Licensing agreements
- Confidential information and non-disclosure agreements
- Passing off actions
- Domain names
- Media issues
- Database rights issues